Search for Events
European Retail Day
The inaugural high-level European Retail Day Conference will be held on 30 November 2017, in Brussels, Belgium.
The European Retail Day is a joint initiative of Euro Coop, EuroCommerce, European Retail Round Table (ERRT) and Independent Retail Europe, to discuss the major transformations, challenges and opportunities affecting the retail sector in Europe and the vital role of innovation for the retail industry.
The event will bring together high-level policymakers, industry leaders and prominent experts to explore how the European retail sector - both food and non-food - can respond to market, policy and technological shifts with innovative ideas, projects and solutions to ensure the future success of the sector.
The key themes will be:
- Challenges, opportunities, trends and transformations in the European retail sector;
- Collaboration between policymakers and the business community on innovative solutions ensuring growth and competitiveness of the retail sector in Europe;
- The economic potential of European retail, the role of policy in ensuring the strength of the Single Market and an innovation-intensive business environment;
- Taxation regimes and the impact of the digital revolution;
- Consumer trust and new consumer trends in the context of supply chain traceability and security;
- Retail innovation and impact of technology on relationship with consumers.
- Sustainable retail and the circular economy, and how the sector is innovating to achieve its sustainability goals while maintaining its competitiveness.
For more information, pelase visit the event website.